OPENING NEW COUNCIL CHAMBERS, TAYPORT

This film is in copyright

This film is protected by copyright and is provided for personal, private viewing only. Please use the Hire, buy or ask a question button to ask about obtaining a copy of this film or a licence to use it, or to ask about its copyright status.

Please read Understanding catalogue records for help interpreting this information and Using footage for more information about accessing this film.

Title: OPENING NEW COUNCIL CHAMBERS, TAYPORT

Reference number: 2302

Date: 1952

Director: [filmed by R. Robertson]

Sound: silent

Original format: 16mm

Colour: bw

Fiction: non-fiction

Running time: 5.20 mins

Description: Provost Wilkie opens the new Burgh Chambers in Tayport, and the first council meeting is held in the new room.

[See also refs. 2293, 2296, 2297, 2298, 2303, 2304].

For further information about Tayport, including photographs from this period of Tayport's history, visit: http://www.tayport.org.uk [last accessed 17/2/2009]

Shotlist: No credits. Exterior of building (0.17); [Titles dark] Tayport. 20 November 1952 at 7 pm. (Very wet night) Provost Wilkie officially opens new Burgh Chambers, Queen Street (26); General views of same and of crowd inside building (1.45); Afterwards in the hall. Guests at tea (2.57); The silver key. Close-up of key (3.09); Members of the Council at their desks (3.16); First Council meeting in the new room on November 28 1952. General views of meeting (3.50); The Provost is presented with a chain of office. Close-up of the chain. General views of Council meeting (5.20).