ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH AND CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION

Full length video

This film is in copyright

This film is protected by copyright and is provided for personal, private viewing only. Please use the Hire, buy or ask a question button to ask about obtaining a copy of this film or a licence to use it, or to ask about its copyright status.

Find similar films

Places:

  • Ayrshire

Subjects:

  • Ceremonies
  • Religion

Genres:

  • Amateur
  • Religion

Decade:

  • 1950s

Please read Understanding catalogue records for help interpreting this information and Using footage for more information about accessing this film.

Overall rating:

Title: ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH AND CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION

Reference number: 2880

Date: 1950

Director: ph. B. Mocogni

Production company: Stradus Films, Ayrshire

Sound: silent

Original format: 16mm

Colour: col

Fiction: non-fiction

Running time: 7.00 mins

Description: The Corpus Christi procession from St. Joseph's Church Kilmarnock to Nazareth House (Convent of the Poor Sisters of Nazareth).

Part of a collection of films concerning the Catholic liturgical practice in Scotland prior to changes introduced by the Second Vatican Council. Refs. 2879-2891.

See also refs. 2879, 2882, 2883, 2884, 2885, 2886, 2889.

Credits: assisted by F. McGrath

Shotlist: [shotlisted with the assistance of donor.]
credits (0.15) St. Joseph's Kilmarnock brief shot ext. gvs int. of church; flower arrangements, statues; altar and sacraments (1.06) gvs Corpus Christi procession from St. Joseph's Church to Nazareth House (convent of the Poor Sisters of Nazareth), Hill St., Kilmarnock (2.15) includes members of sodality the Legion of Mary (in blue dresses) (2.44) gvs grounds of Nazareth House, first communicants stopping to throw rose petals and (6.08) the altar in Nazareth House (7.00) AMDG [Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam: "To the greater glory of God" motto of Jesuits] (7.01)

[donor's remarks - int. of St. Joseph's Church altered radically in 1968 by Bishop McGee, to become a model post-Vatican 2 church for the Diocese of Galloway.]